I recently acquired some home grown Meyer lemons from a coworker last week and an trying to think of ways to cook with them. On Saturday I successfully roasted a chicken! I was a bit worried because after I stuck the bird in the oven, Kelly told me that our oven is incapable of roasting poultry. I guess he had some sort of Thanksgiving disaster a few years ago... After about 2 hours of me constantly checking the oven and the chicken, I had a beautiful roasted lemon chicken with vegetables. The chicken was moist and flavorful and the roasted vegetables had a lovely lemon butter taste. I can't wait to make this again. Recipe here!

Today I baked some cookies using this recipe. The cookies are soft and fluffy and the icing has just the right amount of tart and sweet. Since I am lacking a mixer of any kind, I had to do these completely by hand. Creaming butter and sugar together with a wooden spoon is not my idea of fun. Also, did not have powdered sugar so I made some by using a blender. I'm quite happy with how everything turned out :)

No comments:
Post a Comment